Thursday, October 2, 2008

from the mouths of babes...

I have been blessed with a very verbal two year old. Her brothers have definitely contributed to this in a big way! On any given day the things that come out of her mouth are usually priceless. Examples of these ramblings come mostly from the last two weeks, because said two year old has decided that going to bed at night has become an option as opposed to a requirement!

*example one*
keira is put into bed(as she has been for quite some time now) and within 1.2 seconds the blood curdling screams can be heard from interstate 55! Being the mom i am, i give her about 15 minutes and go back in to see just who is pulling her limbs from her precious body. She is standing in her crib and as soon as she sees me begins to explain to me that there are tears and bugars on her face. well of course there are, i explain, because your crying hysterically for NO REASON. she then tells me "i scared". i ask her what she is afraid of and she answers "monkeys". i scan the room, cause that's what a concerned mother does, and reassure her that there are no monkeys in her room. she doesn't buy it and so there we are in the recliner downstairs until 11 something at night.

*example two*
two mornings later, at 5am , as i am sitting watching the morning news i can once again hear the blood curdling screams so i run up the stairs and fly into keiras room hoping to catch the little bugger that is attempting to rip the limbs from my baby only to find her standing in her crib once again explaining the tears and bugars to me. she again tells me "I scared". i try to reassure her that there is nothing to be afraid of, ask her again what she's scared of and this time i get "giraffes". I've had several people ask if I've taken her to the zoo recently and i said no, i was going to but just haven't gotten there yet. I'm strongly thinking that forgoing the zoo trip until she no longer lives in our home is a really good idea!!

*example three*
the other night i once again try to put her into bed, the tears and bugars start flowing but i stand my ground and say love you and start to head out the door. just before it shuts i hear the cutest little voice say "wait, i have to tell you something". i am such a pushover, because i go over to her and say "what do you want to tell me?" she looks into my eyes and says" get me out". yeah, we were in the recliner until 2am!!

this morning dear sweet precious baby(for lack of a better phrase!) woke up at 2am. i laid there thinking that maybe if i don't rush in she'll go back to sleep. no such luck my friends, because little did i know that her nuk was on the floor and her pant leg was stuck above her knee. that's a big no no in the land of keira. she freaks out whenever her clothes are not in the position that the designer planned! so I'm very tired today and had big plans to go get a bed for the spare room so our guests have a place to sleep and i wanted to start painting the dining room. yeah I'm thinking my family will be lucky to have dinner on the table and clean clothes for work and school tomorrow! have a great day, whatever you have planned. make memories. lord knows my cup runneth over everyday!!!

No comments: