Saturday, September 6, 2008

four weeks

Well, it's been four weeks since we made the big move. Things are coming into place. Kids are adjusting as well as kids can. There are new friends and teachers who give too much homework! Keira hasn't really skipped a beat. she never stops moving and with that two year old attitude our days are filled with tears and laughter. she has really added to her vocabulary. it's fun to listen to her talk now. you can actually have a pretty decent conversation with her. explaining why she cant throw spaghetti O"s at the dinner table is a weekly thing! We got a new table that sits her about four feet from the floor and apparently the sound of O's hitting the floor at this height is waaayyy cooler than before! The house is taking shape, still some areas that need work but honestly its not that big of deal. It definitely looks lived in. And that's how it should be. I will never have a "perfect" house. I don't really want one. You know the kind, where everything is in it's place. That seems wrong to me. There are still piles of paperwork and toys strewn about from keira. To me it means that there is life here.

Today we are getting a visit from my aunt susi and her boyfriend. I cant wait to see her. Family is huge to me and i miss them all so much. I'd be happy if someone came to visit every week! More family is coming in October, it will be great.

I should go for now, a day full of memories awaits...

1 comment:

Linda said...

Oh Gracie, I love this! You write just like you talk and that makes me feel that much closer to you! Yup, I will be seeing you all in October, till then love you, miss you, give hugs all around for me ok?!